Post new topic   Reply to topic    Six Feet Under Forum Index -> Tech Help & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Game pad?

Anyone out there have first hand experience with a game pad like the Razer Nostromo? due to getting old and my wrists starting to bother me I started looking into things that might make things easier..

Denizen

I think the Nostromo and things like it are used mostly with your non-mouse hand to replace a keyboard, so it likely wouldn't help with any wrist issues.

I have had that happen in the past when I was gaming a lot, and wearing a fingerless wrist wrap/support for a day or two (while using the computer that is) usually took care of things. You can buy them in most any grocery store or pharmacy for ~$10.

Be sure your chair and desk are the right height relationship to each other so your wrist isn't bent in an odd way when doing those micro movements too, that should help.
Zenza
Zam~
Lifer
Denizen

unfortunately it's not just my mouse wrist that bothers me.. its both

Denizen

I use the nostromo and I love it, it does limit you a little on the number of buttons available, but they are all at your fingertips so to me it makes it easier. Not sure if it will help the wrists thou.
Jannik-SFU
Lifer
Denizen

UthanakSFU wrote:
unfortunately it's not just my mouse wrist that bothers me.. its both

Wear wrist bands or finger-less hand support (the kind that has an elastic strap around the wrist that limits wrist movement) when you're gaming. As you adjust to that make sure your chair is high enough and all that jazz. I bet you'll see improvement quickly. If you don't you probably need to get it looked at.
Zenza
Zam~
Lifer
Denizen

I have a Logitech G13 that I love, but it took a couple days to get used to. It does have good wrist support, as it raises your palm a little to straighten the the wrist. The keys are a bit spaced out so I noticed some hand stretching in the beginning. The thumb stick works great for movement.

The hardest part was figuring out how to assign the keys and then developing the new reflexes. For healing with a grid-click type setup it's outstanding since I have access to multiple key combos is a small area. For DPS type stuff, I have a more basic layout to keep the main buttons (numbers 1-9,0,-,=) within easy reach.

It does take some time to get used to the size of the keypad and the layout, but it's been a great help, both by reducing wrist strain and consolidating the keys.
Mearn

I've been running the G13 for a few years now, would never play without it. I bought my brother one and he won't play without anymore either. Very comfy and so much easier than before
Flayed*
Lifer
Denizen

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Six Feet Under Forum Index -> Tech Help & Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: